My name is . . .

June 25, 2010

. . . Lurtz!

Or is it?

Last year I included this picture in one of my painting update posts (original post here).

Saruman, Lurtz and Ugluk

Saruman, Lurtz and Ugluk

I was firmly of the opinion that the figure I’d described as Lurtz was the original Lurtz figure from the Battle Games in Middle Earth magazine.

Now I’m not so sure.

The current Lurtz is this model.

Lurtz & Lurtz

Lurtz & Lurtz

I think my original guy is just a generic Uruk-Hai commander now, although I remain half convinced he was originally named Lurtz.

Those two Lurtz figures mean more progress with my 2010 pledge. Two more done – big woop!

Obtained: 315
Painted: 80
Sold: 13
Net: -222


Khador Widowmakers

June 18, 2010

My first batch of Khador models are now nearing completion. First up are the Widowmakers. These were done as a test of the colour scheme I had in mind.

Big mistake really.

As you can see they are predominately white, and after painting these I decided that I liked the scheme and that even with the extra grief painting white involves it would be worth it. In retrospect the jacks with their large white areas were just too much effort to paint, but more of them later.

Widowmakers

Two Widowmakers

Those two are my favourite models, so very full of character. A bit of shame that my face painting skills don’t do them justice.

Female Widowmaker

Female Widowmaker

Bearded Widowmaker

Bearded Widowmaker

The other two models in the unit are identical. Nice models, but it would have been nice if all four had been unique.

Widowmakers

Widowmakers

Widowmaker closeup

Widowmaker closeup

Widowmakers - group shot

Widowmakers - group shot

That’s four more models towards my Pledge. Slow progress, but progress all the same.

Obtained: 315
Painted: 78
Sold: 13
Net: -224


Back in the game . . .

June 16, 2010

. . . I hope so. Four months without an update is simply too long. The truth is that there has been very little to report though. I’m not really sure why, but I’ve not been in the right mood to paint much recently. Although I’ve still been buying figures 😦

I’ve not been completely idle, although I’ve been picking at old projects rather that finishing them. Recently though I’ve started to get back in to the swing of things, working mostly at getting some Khador jacks finished. It’s been heavy going though. Perhaps a white/red paint scheme wasn’t the most sensible choice. They’d certainly have been finished by now had I gone for the all red scheme that is the most common one you see. You can expect pictures for these over the next month or so as and when I varnish them.

Whilst working on the Khador I’ve not ignored my Cygnar completely. I’ve finished a couple of extra casters and there’s a pair of jacks drying on the varnish table as I type this. Both casters are Haley. First up her “Prime” incarnation.

pHaley-1

pHaley

pHaley-2

pHaley

pHaley-03

pHaley

Followed by here “Epic” version. As you can see I haven’t used the full cloak extension. Due to a slight miscast I had a terrible time trying to assemble the thing properly and finally decided not to bother. She looks fine without it.

eHaley01

eHaley01

eHaley02

eHaley - rear view

eHaley03

eHaley (again)

So only two figures finished opposed to a couple of hundred bought puts me back in the hole for my 2010 pledge.

Obtained: 315
Painted: 74
Sold: 13
Net: -228